November 9, 2014

Dinner at The Halia : The Raffles Hotel's Version

I've been hearing about The Halia at Singapore Botanical Gardens (SBG) for quite awhile now but haven't had the chance to visit yet.
So our November birthday girl chose the one here at Raffles Hotel to spend a simple dinner together!
Raffles Hotel is just a road away from The Raffles City fyi.
 I must say the ambience is all set up nicely, with planted leafy decor of course (one of the factors that the outlet in SBG is well-known for).
Casual yet posh setting I must say.
 Thumbs up for the friendly service though!
One of the waitress started by recommending us some of the meal combos they provided. 
 Menu!
-click to view larger image-
In my opinion, the food choices can be quite limited if you don't consume beef or lamb like I do.
The third photo shows course-meal options which can be considered to be shared among the pax stated.
We didn't go for that because I have fussy friends here. (Haha, just kidding!)
 Potato Fries ($8), served with truffle aioli & piquant mayo dips.
These dips were so so good, we ordered a second serving shortly after.
 The truffle aioli is really awesome for a truffle fan like me. Hee.
The piquant mayo was great too but we were all too busy reaching out for the dope truffle aioli dip which was wayyyyy too fragrant to resist!
 Oriental Pulled Duck ($18), with gherkin (pickled cucumber), caper, micro herb salad, soba noodle, and sesame oil.
Mymy, I chose this straight away because the fusion twist sounds pretty interesting to me.
Note that this is from the "Little Plates" section.
Although I thought the portion was rather generous.
Anyway, my first impression was why am I served a potted plant dish. LOL
However, upon the first bite, I found it really refreshing!
And I immediately fell in love with it. 
But do take note if you don't like cold dishes.
Two from my group ordered this signature Halia Chilli Crab Spaghettini ($26).
I personally find the chilli crab taste to be somehow mild due to the overpowering spices.
I felt that the explosion of tastes in my mouth was too complicated to my liking.
Therefore, I still prefer my dish and the fries (of course!). 
Twice-cooked Spatchcock of Spring Chicken ($35).
Okay, the simpler term will just be spring chicken!
The birthday girl and a friend of mine ordered this (what huge appetite!), with a side of spring onion mash. 
You may also choose from garden salad or fries, and an additional of $2 for heirloom tomato.
In my humble opinion, do avoid choosing the mash if you don't prefer buttery or spring onion stuff.
I didn't quite like it cause I find the butter taste way too strong and the spring onion didn't seem to quite do the trick of complementing one another.
However, the chicken was excellent, it was simply done to perfection!
So yay for the spring chicken!
 Sticky Toffee Pudding ($10).
How is the meal completed without any desserts?
And yes, the five of us shared this because we were really full but still determined to try some sweets (must be the double order of fries, haha).
Nothing can go wrong with the warm brownie slice topped with a scoop of ice cool vanilla ice cream, a pinch of sea salt, and a dash of butterscotch sauce!
Onomz
Last but not least, Happy Birthday to our pretty Dory lady here!
Don't you think she looks like a Dory fish? haha!
Love you Shannie! 
Hope you like the watch!
The four of us that night after a joyful meal like always.
-rubs le satisfied tummaye-
*burps*
...
1 Beach Road, #01-22/23
Raffles Hotel
Singapore 189673
--------------------
Tel : +65 9639 1148

No comments:

Post a Comment