March 26, 2014

Hai Di Lao Hot Pot Review : Awesome Steamboat you gonna love!

Many of you might have heard about this Hai Di Lao Hot Pot (海底捞火锅).
It has gained much popularity among the many cities in China, that includes Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing etc.
You won't see why until you really try it. Trust me.
Anyway, currently there is only one outlet in Singapore right now, and it is located at Clarke Quay area. 
I swear their service is really really good.
Even while making reservations over the phone, I am really impressed.
 I really am.
I called in a week earlier to grab a table for my group.
(But if you are heading over on a weekend, good luck)
Upon reaching at 6pm on a Wednesday, the restaurant was packed full of people.
As well as the waiting area.
At the waiting area, there are various entertainment options available for you!
This includes getting a free manicure?!,playing some board games, watch some 'Despicable Me', and have some popcorn and fruits!
Once you get seated. 
The friendly staff would approach to ask questions and cater to your needs.
They would then provide you a plastic sheet for your phone (Even fits my Note 2),
a rubber band for the ladies, and suggest you to wear the apron provided.
How nice! ^^
And alright enough with the introduction!
TRANSFORM.
INTO COOKING MAMA.
Hee
Mister ordered some soya milk and regret it instantly.
Guess they go healthy? I put two packets of sugar and I swear it's not enough.
Fortunately, I got the Liang Teh.
Mister thinks it's nice. 
Anyway, the drinks are free flow when you ordered one glass, and you can change your drinks if you don't like it.
I didn't like the Sourplum drink my friends ordered as well, shall stay with Liang Teh.
They used an iPad to make ordering much much easier.
Love the option where you could order a half portion if you think you a full portion is too much.
Like this, you can order more food instead of stuffing yourself with that one full portion.
(Eg: One full potion contains around 20 pieces of Luncheon Meat. If you order half, you will get ten.)
We chose the Tomato soup and Seafood soup base!
Love the Tomato one!
You can try the Laksa one as well, which is quite tasty too.
Love the green ones which seemingly should be the Cuttlefish (if I never remember wrongly.)
Just order this and try!!
All these are for 3 ladies and 1 man.
Mister and I ordered this for ourselves and this is really heaven.
1 whole portion ($14++)
All the ingredients are really really fresh and the chicken slices too.
Order that, it's super TENDER chicken I swear.
If you like to watch some mini performance,
order this! 
It's their signature la mian.
Kowtow to him. 
He controls very well and even did a little teasing while he flings the la mian towards you.
Hahahaha pretty cool!
and the la mian was really good though.
It's damn chewy. Onomnom.
Steamed Buns.
My favourite. 
Don't know why but this is really naise even if you eat it simply like that.
Who's with me!? :P
Pumpkin Pancakes!
Which tasted much like the Chinese rice cake to me.
They provide a sauce which should be condensed milk.
I had only one and I think it's enough.
And the highlight!!!
Told the staff over the phone when I did reservations that I will be celebrating a friend's birthday. 
Check out what they prepared!!!
A huge fruit platter!!! 
How sweet. Got candle somemore!
We sang her a birthday song and guess what else they prepared. 
A fragrance bag for the girl.
Make her xiangxiang!
Hahaha
I swear the service here is exceptional.
I am really amazed to be honest.
Hence, I don't mind spending abit more to do hotpot here!
Surprisingly, I don't smell like steamboat when I left the place too.
Banzai!
I know my outfit very mafia-like.
...
Our table bill to be at $30 each per pax.
Prolly cause' we didn't order alot.
The other table that consist of 2 man and 4 ladies, bill to be $40 per pax.
Which was reasonable as well!
Overall, dining experience was a thumbs up and I would definitely consider on repeat visits!
This is a definitely must-try.
...
>Hai Di Lao Hot Pot< (click to see more exotic dishes on menu!)
3D River Valley Road #02-04
Singapore 179023
Tel: +65 6337 8626
10.30am till 3am


No comments:

Post a Comment