June 1, 2014

Group Therapy (Katong) Review

Sorry folks, been busy at work ever since I last updated.
Anyway, finally here's a post in case you thought this space is rotting.
Double date at Group Therapy!
Girlfriend chose this place because her boy's cousin is the owner of the cafe.
I've always wanted to try too so I gladly accepted the date.
And so here we are after a train's journey to Dakota and taking a bus to Katong V.
The menu!
The two comfy seats at the entrance.
It was a Sunday when we arrived at the cafe.
It was rather crowded but we were fortunate to get ourselves a four-seater table upon entering.
The cafe was relatively small actually. 
The decorations were cool but I guess it was alittle out of place like this bicycle at the counter.
I got to learn abit more from le friend that this wasn't the former place.
It actually used to be situated at the shophouses opposite.
A pity that you have to pay for almost everything in Singapore that forced the cafe to be situated here at Katong V instead.
Soup of the day!
Some pecan pie for you?
Various little snacks were placed on top of the counter.
Some hugeass cookie that I have ever seen.
Upon ordering, they would give you a little bucket of utensils and napkins.
Le fellow couple's shared drink, Apple & Carrot Juice($6)
Le mister's favourite, Cafe Mocha ($5.50)
Not bad I would say. 
Mister loves it.
And my Caramel Cappuccino ($5.50).
I think it's ordinary, nothing to shout about.
And they also ordered Soup of the Day : Hokkaido Cream of Mushroom ($9),
which I thought was a little pricey for some soup & toast.
Big Plate ($18) and additional $3 of scrambled eggs
Hmmm, looks bland to me. 
And of course how can we miss out the Waffles that Mister loves?
Maple & Butter Waffles ($9)
The simplest and traditional style I would say.
I don't really like it as I prefer crispy ones.
Furthermore, I am not one to judge because I ain't a waffle fan at all.
Mister thinks it's fair though.
And here is my Truffled Ravioli ($18).
I was really satisfied with my dish because this is really nice.
The fragrance of the oil is just too overwhelming and it excites a truffle fan like me.
So thumbs up!
Decided to end the meal with a Snickers Tart ($6.50).
We couldn't finish it because it was too sweet!
But I love it though, because I haz sweet toothie. 
Do try if you are one too!
Overall, I would fair everything average, from the decorations to the service provided as well as the food.
However, I would definitely pay a visit to the one over at Duxton Road!
I know the reviews there are much better than the one at Katong.
Anyways, cheers to everyone!
Happy cafehopping!
Would update soon alrighties? 
Thanks for reading.
...
30 East Coast Road, Katong V, #01-11
Singapore 428751
Daily : 9am - 9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment