June 27, 2014

Chye Seng Huat Hardware Coffee Review : For the Caffeine Maniac!

Finally another update after sooooosoooooosooooo long eh?
Sorry folks!
Anyway, here is my update on the visit to CSHH (Chye Seng Huat Hardware)!!
I still have got some cafes which I visited and have yet to post the reviews.
So do keep checking back ya!?
I was so eggcited when I decided on this cafe with my mister.
I've heard about all the commotions about this cafe but I have yet to visit because I am just way too busy.
Well so, I am finally here.
Standing right in front of the new establishment of Papa Palheta (which is well-known for the coffee).
I guess I do not need much introduction. 
You will be greeted with this unique entrance which will lead you straight towards the aroma of coffee.
A spacious al-fresco dining area.
Upon stepping in, you can clearly see the layout of the cafe.
In the middle, there is a huge counter area whereby baristas and staff are seen busy at work.
Apparently, there is a second level!
Simple and "old-school" feel menu.
A hardware found! Hee.
It was a friday afternoon and the crowd wasn't as bad.
Thank god.
HUAT AH!
Same goes for my man.
Lawl. 
One look into the glass display and I saw these.
This is definitely the first cafe that I went to be selling local delights.
The ang ku kuehs comes in interesting flavours like yam, sweet potato and salted bean.
There are the traditional ones such as peanut and bean.
Didn't had any feel for kuehs so I did not order any.
There are Kueh-lapis as an alternative as well.
More choices!
Shortly after we ordered, the food came even though we were given the very huat waiting number.
Mister's medicine bottle.
Cool eh?
Cold Brewed Coffee ($7) with milk and syrup.
Simple iced coffee served at its best.
For the adventurous taste bud, I decided to order the interesting Nitro Black Matter ($7),
which is cold coffee on tap.
The appearance do look very much like beer right?
Surprisingly, the very creamy and malty black coffee was much to my liking.
And I really really love it.
Mister doesn't really like the taste.
Next up, Italian Breakfast ($12).
This dish includes a slice of toasted foccacia (Italian bread baked to smiliar texture to pizza dough) topped with two poached eggs and pork bolognese sauce & parmesan cheese.
Die also want to show you guys a shot of an oozing poached egg.
Heh.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pork bolognese sauce that came along instead of the traditional hollandaise sauce.
That was a pretty impressive twist for the poached eggs I must say.
Mister's The Huat Breakfast ($17).
You may choose how you want the eggs to be. 
Mister chose scrambled eggs which was a great choice because everything just blends together for an awesome brunch on a plate.
The potato salad is the bomb.
Didn't really like the butter croissant for my case but mister loves it.
What's on the table!
Left the place with our big fat satisfied tummy.
onomnomnom.
Took some photos before leaving the area and heading for some desserts!
Where to?
STAY TUNED. (; 
I recently checked the fb page and learnt that they are expanding!
Another brunch spot to look out for for the East-landers.
YAYYYYY, so do check the website for more upcoming info if you are a CSHH fan! ^^
...
150 Tyrwhitt Road 
Singapore 207563
Tues - Fri : 9am - 7pm
Sat & Sun : 9am - 10pm
Closed on Mondays
-----------
Tel : +65 6396 0609

No comments:

Post a Comment