August 20, 2015

D' Laksa : Authentic Penang Assam Laksa at just RM5!!

As the title suggest, D' Laksa claims to serve authentic Penang Assam Laksa.
I found this gem with my mum when we traveled to the neighboring country, Malaysia (Johor Bahru)!
I did a little research and found out that they actually came to Singapore before, during food expos!
Have you heard about them before?
There are two outlets in JB as of now, one in KSL City Mall while the other is at Sutera Mall.
(address can be found at the bottom of this post)
The one I went to was at KSL City Mall, whereby you can easily board a bus at the bus interchange near the customs, flag a cab or if you drive, an approximately 15 min drive!
It is located at the ground level where TESCO (supermarket) is.
Just follow the strong aroma of laksa and you will find your way there!
(I am serious!)
And laksa is the only food item they sell currently!
Interesting eh?
In case you are wondering how much that is in SGD..
Here! I did some calculations for you!
Approximately,
RM2 = SGD0.75 ~
RM5 = SGD1.80~
WHATTTTTTT?!
Imagine you hand a 2 dollar note for a bowl of laksa and still get some change back...
WHERE TO FIND?
(Sadly, not in Singapore)
Check out their haul for the day!
I bet there are people who ordered more than them.
The eatery is somewhat a canteen style and do note that it is self service.
The other day when I walked past, it was crowded with people!
So my advice is, if you hate to queue (like me), avoid the peak hours.
The assam laksa lover (like my mum) will always ask for more fish sauce. ^^
And they can be quite generous if you are lucky !
(Please, don't ask when there is a long queue behind you)
Close up!
Sorry if I didn't take an appetizing shot.
I don't frequently eat assam laksa, but I have to admit I fell in love upon the first mouthful!
It was super refreshing with the hot and sour stock and you just want the second serving shortly after you are done with the first.
The soup was super rich in flavour!
And that soft and chewy white noodle complements the dish perfectly!
Not exaggerating at all!
There is a mix of fish flakes, sliced cucumbers, pineapple chunks and also coriander.
The portion is decent as well.
For me, I downed one and it was just nice.
Do try this if you crave for some cheap assam laksa when you are in JB!
Cheers!
...
>D' Laksa< (Click to view official page!)
Outlet I went to -
KSL City Mall 
Lot No.S20, Lower Ground Floor, KSL City
No.33.Jalan Seladang,Taman Abad, 80250 Johor Bahru

Second outlet -
Sutera Mall
Lot No.L1-079
No.1.Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/4, Taman Sutera Utama, 81300
Skudai,Johor
------------------------
Tel: +60 197909737

1 comment: