January 8, 2015

Victor's Kitchen : Authentic Dim Sum For Everyone!

One can easily find a dim sum eatery anywhere here in Singapore.
And to be truthful, I haven't had any really good ones that could be compared to the dim sums I had in Hong Kong.
In my own opinion, I personally think Swee Choon is overrated (Chill,it's just my own view). 
But still, as a foodie hunter, I keep my options open to keep trying!
So le foodie partner suggested on bringing me to Victor's Kitchen (which is actually walkable distance from Bras Basah Mrt Station).
I heard from her that the current outlet has expanded compared to the previous time when she was there.
The office crowd occupied most of the tables with a small minority that could be seen opting for take-aways.
"Imposters" everywhere, beware!
MENU!
Order strips like this will be handed to you once you take your seats.
The aunties are really helpful and friendly! 
I am really impressed by the service!
HK Summer Iced Tea 冰镇奶茶 ($3.20).
And I can't agree more that this is 100% Hong Kong Taste!
It really reminds me of the ones I had in Hong Kong and I miss them!
Crispy Golden Shrimp Rolls 香脆鲜虾腐皮卷 ($4.80).
This is awesome and mad crispy with the fresh shrimp meat wrapped inside!
Although it is a little too oily, everything is fine.
Char Siew "Bo Luo" Butter Buns 菠萝蜜汁叉烧包 ($5.20).
This is really da bomb! 
The bo luo's crispy exterior with the fragrant cha siew combi is just perfecto.
This is by far one of the nicer versions I have ever eaten!
So it's definitely a must-try!
And of course, how can you have a dim sum meal without the presence of the Tasty Queen-Sized Siew Mai 美味蟹黄烧卖 ($4.80)!
The signature and also the best-seller : Golden Egg Yolk Lava Buns 黄金流沙包 ($4.80).
Undeniably the custard was well-done with the oozing salted egg lava and soft bun.
However, my only concern is the layer of oil that forms while consuming it.
It may be too overwhelming to have a second helping because of the oil.
Do bring along a pack of tissue in case things get messy!
Overall, I guess the food faired above average and the service was really good!
I will recommend you guys to give this a try if you are a dim sum lover! ^^
...
91 Bencoolen Street 
Sunshine Plaza #01-49
Singapore 189652
Mon - Sun : 10.30am - 8pm
-----------------
Tel : +65 98382851

No comments:

Post a Comment