January 3, 2015

A Hidden Gem for Sashimi Lovers; Wasabi Tei

If you are looking for quality sushi and sashimi around town, why not head over to Far East Plaza's Wasabi Tei to settle your meal?
Wasabi Tei is located at the fifth level and it is easily accessible if you take a lift from the 'Saveur' side. 
Spot for the one with the blue fortune Cat curtain instead of the one below.
Well, I have no idea why but a friend of ours highly recommended us to head for this instead of the other one.
Anyone knows why?
Share with me!
Seats can be quite limited so be prepared to queue if you are coming in big groups.
It can be quite a chore to find a seat if you come with bulky items as well!
There weren't much space for maneuvering around.
Pray that you can take the seats nearer to the entrance!
And yes, $2 will be charged for every seat taken, although no GST and service charge are charged.
Let me guess, this info has been here for 7 years?
Menu! 
The side where I think is much more affordable and worth for money.
You can opt for ala-carte too!
The two appetizers in which I couldn't quite figure out what they were.
I personally thought one of them tasted similar to crab/octopus salad.
It was refreshing and chewy, while the black one in the background left me speechless.
I've researched on various reviews and people claimed it to be Hijiki seaweed.
Hmmm, to me, it tasted nothing like that.
Chawan Mushi ($5).
The steamed egg was really shiok although I think it's a little overpriced.
Sorry guys, I have forgotten what is this and how much it cost.
My bad!
But check out those juicy freshness!
Salmon Belly ($15) and that means every fat slice costs around $2+.
Ohmyyyy, even though I have to admit I am willing to pay for such good quality sashimi. 
California Maki ($8).
These little darling roe can never go wrong when they are wrapped around your sushi rolls.
Salmon Teriyaki Set ($15) which include a Teriyaki Salmon steak, a bowl of rice and a miso soup.
The salmon was really good though.
Udon, decent hearty bowl of noodles and soup to fill your tummy real fast.

And this could just be the highlight of the entire meal.
Chirashi Don Set ($28).
Where everything nice was being chosen to perfect this little box of luxury.
This includes the thickest slices of salmon I have ever seen, the yummiest scallop (hotate) ever tasted, eggy tamago, big fat tuna, chunky swordfish, popalicious fish roe and shrimps!
Look at that chunky thick piece of salmon! 
In my own humble opinion, I think that the Bara Chirashi version I had previously at Teppei Japanese Restaurant was comparable to the one I had here. 
Oh my my my, I am drooling on my keyboard now while typing this.
HA!
And what's for desserts???
ICE CREAM!
Yuzu vs Sesame vs Matcha & Azuki Beans!!!
The Yuzu was quite addictive with the little yuzu bits as well as the Matcha too (because of the red beans ^^)!
We loved the food overall and left the place with tummies filled with satisfaction. 
We will definitely be back for more!
...
Wasabi Tei
14 Scotts Road, Far East Plaza
#05-70, Singapore 228213
[Mon - Sat operating hours]
Lunch : 12noon - 3pm (Sat : Till 4.30pm)
Dinner : 5.30pm - 9.30pm
Closed on Sundays & PH
***Payment by CASH only***

No comments:

Post a Comment