December 18, 2014

Kawaii ne! : Hello Kitty Sweets Cafe in Taipei

I think many have already witnessed how obsessed Singaporeans are over this kitty with no mouth.
Similarly, I do find this kitty cute and adorable as well but I don't go ga-ga over it.
Needless to say it is kind of an international sensation where people worship her at her altar.
And it was the same for Taiwan people.
When I arrived at around noon, it was full house according to the waitress and we were told that the next available timing would be at 3pm (for afternoon tea).
Hence, we decided to head to the nearby shopping district at Wu Fen Pu before traveling back for some desserts.
I have to admit the cafe is really really very very very very very cutesy and girlie all at the same time.
The hello kitty fans out there are sure to gooo, "Oh my god, this is so adorable! Look at that chair! That lamp! That cake! That merchandise!"  
And the next moment you know, #butfirstlemmetakeaselfie.
HAHAHAHA, I guarantee you it's endless!
Everything is just too cute for you to resist that release of emotions. 
To be honest, when I looked at this row of pastries, I couldn't even decide on the one I wanted most.
You really wish you could either 1. Own 5 stomach to gobble them up all at once & 2. Be rich and get all of them but safe keep it because you could not bear to eat them.
I think......
I belong to group no.1.
HAHAHA!
Hello Kitty fans alert!
All these merchandise, don't you wish to bring one home?
There are two levels of dining area whereby the first level is spacious but seats can be quite limited.
It was another full house during the afternoon tea sessions as we saw people queueing and waiting for their turns at the entrance of the store.
Yes, you guessed it!
Every corner hides a Kitty!
And how do I exclaim that mad cuteness in choices of furniture made for the cafe?????
Gosh.
I love the simple wooden ones where we were seated at most.
Hee, more close ups!
Look at the table layout that welcomed us!
The cup coasters, the paper table mat and the menu, of course.
Prolly you prefer the big bow seat maybe?
Another ultra visual highlight seating area at the second level!
Even the lighting above our heads.
I guess by this time, le mister who agreed on this trip here totally turned cold as he didn't expect it would be this....much.
HAHAHA
Okay, let's continue. 
How to resist you tell me.
Hee, with the pleasingly pleasant to the eye cuteass menu.
The food photos shown are just there to confuse your decisions further.
After much serious decision-making, the both of us finally came to our choices below!
Scroll on!
Complimentary pudding as appetizers for you?
As long as you order a set, you will be entitled to a kitty head pudding!
I assumed it's mango flavoured?
Quite milky though.
Le mister's pinkish Iced Hazelnut Latte (TWD 230 ~S$9+) with a pink straw just for him!
HA!
This is really latte, trust me.
It tasted pretty much like any decent latte easily found so nothing much to shout about.  
I chose Hot Original Latte (TWD 180 ~S$7+), which was kind of one of the recommended drinks on the menu.
I thought it tasted better than the Iced Hazelnut Latte that Mister ordered.
And not to forget you pay for the kitty ''latte art'' too.
Finally here after a bit of patient waiting, but throughout the process, it was easy to get by with all the photo taking I was occupied with. Ha!
Le mister chose the Kitty Golden Chocolate set (TWD 380 ~S$15+).
It simply consists of a chocolate tart with a small side dish of fruits and a chocolate macaroon.
This can be quite sweet though, and the golden kitty is chocolate as well.
I had the Chocolate Dome (TWD 340 ~S$13+) with an addition of a pink sugar bow.
The very shiny and perfect dome shape was what surprised me.
This was very very chocolaty as compared to the one mister ordered.
I have a sweet tooth, so all this was alright other than the fact that I am aware that I have sinned from the fats of course.
Mister gave me the golden kitty in the end!
Another hotspot ought to be the washroom for the ladies!!
Check these out. HAHA!
There are only two cubicles but it's fine if you need to wait because there is a seating area for you ladies to take selfies and so on.
The mirror.
Kitties vs Stars!

Hee, I had to!
Even the feedback form too!
Overall, I guess it was quite a pleasant dining experience and money was well spent as well even though we just had desserts.
The ambience was perfect with the friendly and helpful waitress (whom was also dressed in cute apron).  
We were not the only couple there but to see my mister willingly accompany me into a cafe like that, I must say I am quite fortunate. Hee.
Do drop by if you wish for a slightly unique yet memorable experience here in Taipei!
...
N.90, Section 1, Da’an Road 
Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106
Click on the website link above for operating hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment