September 13, 2014

Find The Hidden 48 ¾ : Whale & Cloud

"Many will seek but not all shall find." 

So will you be one of them who finds it?
Take a stroll down the back alley and thou shall find the hidden gem.
Follow me!
Yes, you shall.
Actually, locating the cafe isn't too tough if you alight at Little India station (Exit A).
Credits to: sgfoodonfoot
I followed the directions and found the place in less than 10 minutes!
And waaala! 
The magical door that leads to the hidden cafe.
I can see how the nautical touch of blue and white produces the name, "Whale & Cloud".
Cool eh?
A signboard which tells whether they are open or not.
Do knock on the door before you are allowed in!
There were already two couples in line before us when we arrived.
I weren't surprised why this cafe wasn't kept a secret.
When I first saw the review a month back, I was determined to go (But work held me back).
Am really grateful for mister's company to all these cafe places. Hee.
Anyway, we waited for around 20 minutes before entering into the "mystical portal".
The place was relatively small and seating capacity was limited.
Therefore, when we entered, it was packed.
And we were served by the sweet lady in pale blue whale-printed dress.
There was another lady in the small room busy preparing caffeine for the guests (in which I noticed she was wearing a pale blue cloud-printed dress!)
How cute!! 
Look at these bearbricks figurines!
I was truly amazed by the impressive row of figurines they collected.
I tried my best in capturing but my camera lens wasn't wide enough.
Sorry folks.
Personally, I love bearbrick too and this is also a contributing factor to why I decided to come take a look.
I mean....LOOK AT THAT! 
(okay enough.)
A friendly canine asking for a pat!
Special Brew of The Day : Proud Mary (Beans from Melbourne, Aussie).
How can you reject a slice of cake to perfect your caffeine fix? 
Proud Mary in Black ($6).
I took a little sip and thought it was too bitter to my liking.
I agreed with Mister that the White might be better, although he still likes the cuppa.
And here is my Cold Brew ($8), which I came for!
I simply love love love their cold brew!
Under this sweaty weather in Singapore, I think I found my cure. :D
Love how they labeled it as "The Sherlock Blend".
Another mystery eh?
Signature Carrot Cake ($6).
Love how the moist and dense cake fused so well with that thin layer of icing on top.
It synced perfectly with our cup of coffee that's for sure.
A corner where interesting figurines are sold.
Mini versions of Bearbrick are sold as well!
Although I would recommend you to get this elsewhere...
Say hi to my chair!
Yeah, I was sitting on an "elephant" all this while.
Really fell in love with this simple cafe tucked away in a corner of Little India.
Will definitely revisit for more brews!
So surprise me, Whale & Cloud!
I will be stalking your Instagram!
You can see happy Huin is very happy~
...
>Whale & Cloud (鲸舆雲)< (Check the Instagram for opening hours!)
48 Niven Road
Singapore 228396
*** Open on selected Weekends only ***

No comments:

Post a Comment