September 30, 2014

COMNAM Broken Rice Bowl

There is a noticeable trend going on with Vietnamese cuisine around town lately.
Nam Nam Noodle Bar is one of the restaurant chains which has proven itself to be quite popular as a choice of meal for the fans.
I can tell why as it is wallet-friendly and convenient to have a decent meal in a mall.
To be honest, Vietnamese cuisine didn't really appeal to me until I tried Nam Nam Noodle Bar once.
I was quite amazed at how the pho turned out to be.
...
"Phở or pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup consisting of broth, linguine-shaped rice noodles called bánh phở, a few herbs, and meat." -Wikipedia
...
Therefore, when I spotted COMNAM at the basement of Raffles City in the midst of all the Western/Japanese food stalls, I was quite excited and dragged Mister to try it with me.
As the name suggests, COMNAM focused more on rice (Cơm tấm).
Com refers to cooked rice while Tam refers to Southern Vietnam, and hence, the term Com Tam was born.
Interesting right?
Read more!
And the similar point made (like Nam Nam) was that NO MSG was added!
This equates to being healthier = less hair drop = less fats = no diet = slim as Vietnamese ladies = no need change clothes size = save more money = MORE CAPITAL FOR SHOPPING!
How nice. HAHAHAHAA (okay, crapping again)
But seriously on the money saving part,
All prices includes GST and no service charge is being charged!

The Menu as attached! 
(Click to view a larger image)
Alright! Here is what we had for dinner.
Mister's daily dosage of Coffee w Milk ($2.60).
While we were waiting for this, we could already smell the aroma of coffee being brewed in the kitchen.
And it was that good.
I mean with that amount paid, why not try some Vietnamese Coffee?
Like Nam Nam, condiments are being placed on table and for self-service.
For those who wants more flavour to the dish!
Mister's Marinated Fried Pork Cutlet ($9.90).
I know the pork cutlet looks more like fried fish fillet or chicken cutlet, but trust me this is ridiculously good!
I would suggest to mix everything up before eating.
This way, the chicken ham, the steamed egg, and the crispy flakes added could be consumed all at once.
As for me, I opted for rice soup, Grey Featherback Fish Balls w a Soft Boiled Egg ($7.90).
Well, the first reason I went for this is because I have no idea what a Featherback fish is and it sounds interesting (always chooses the weird stuff).
Secondly, this is one out of the only two dishes that doesn't consists of beansprouts (while the other was Beef, me no eat beef).
But nonetheless, I guess you can request not to add the beansprouts for preference.
I think the rice soup version was not bad because of the soup, and the texture of fish balls was pretty interesting, quite flavorful.
Nomnom...
Desssssertime!!!
The perfect combination of Caramel Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream w Vietnamese Espresso, Kahlua Liqueur & Crushed Candied Peanuts all at the price of $6.90.
Mamamiaaa~ this is really awesome!
Although the ice cream melted quite fast (or due to the fact that I took too much photos), but still chocolate/caffeine&alcohol... 
BEST OF ALL WORLDS.
So do consume asap before it melts away!
...
COMNAM Broken Rice Bowl
252 North Bridge Road, #B1-46/47
Raffles City Shopping Centre
Singapore 179103
------------------
Tel : +65 6336 0500

No comments:

Post a Comment